Official Rules for the 2013 Louisiana Sportsman Open Bass Championship
• All private lands, including but not limited to, Adams Ponds, Avoca Islands, Delta Farms.
• All legally posted waters.
• The Marsh (if uncertain where the march begins at the end of a canal, fish until the banks end.
• Gated Canals
• Doiron’s new subdivision canal
You cannot run across the marsh to gain access to fishable waters.
1. These Rules apply to all entrants of this tournament. Violation of any of these rules will warrant appropriate disciplinary action by Tournament Director. Any protest must be received in writing and signed within fifteen minutes of final check-in deadline (to be taken literally). Tournament Director reserves the right to refuse entry of any person. Louisiana Sportsman’s Show Mgmt decisions will be final in all matters.
2. State, Federal, and Local Laws must be obeyed.
3. Entry Fee is $250 per team.
Includes: Entry Fee, Big Bass Kitty & Launch fee.
Big Bass limit: One Big Bass entry per team, per day
4. All Entrants are subject to take a Polygraph Test. Failure to take and/or pass such a test will result in disqualification. Any person who has failed a polygraph test in connection with any bass tournament for cheating will not be eligible.
5. Firearms are not allowed in tournament boats during tournament hours or carried during registration or weigh-in. Law Enforcement Officers are the only exception to this rule.
6. Alcohol and Narcotics will not be allowed in the possession of contestants during tournament hours, unless prescription medicine.
7. Courtesy, Safe Boating, Sportsmanship and Conservation must be displayed at all times by contestants. A U.S. Coast Guard approved chest type PFD must be on and fastened anytime the combustion engine is in gear. All boats must meet U.S. Coast Guard standards. Jet-drive, air-cooled engines, or air-boats are not allowed. Outboard motors may not exceed boat manufacturers rating. All boats must have an emergency kill-switch and must be attached to the driver anytime the combustion engine is in gear.
8. All fishing must be done with artificial lures only. Pork is permitted. Only one rod and reel may be used at a time by contestants. No trolling with the combustion engine is allowed. All fish must be caught in a legal and sporting manner during tournament hours from tournament waters. Contestants may not use any communication or video device for the sole purpose of locating or catching bass during tournament hours. Tracking devices inserted in bass may not be used by any contestant during or before the tournament. Hole-Sitting by or for entrants is not allowed.
9. This is a 2 day tournament. Day one is an open competition, limited to 175 teams. Day two is the final round, and is limited to the top 25 teams from day one.
10. Early registration may be by mail/fax/email and must be received on or before 3-6-12. Teams not pre-registered may register at the captains meeting. The captains meeting will be held Wednesday 3-13-12 from 6pm-8pm, at Cabela’s in Gonzales. Attendance at the Captains meeting is optional, however, all teams are responsible for information discussed at the meeting. Entrants will receive boat I.D. Numbers according to when application is received. Contact Tournament Director for additional information.
11. Boats must have a permanently installed live well and an operating aeration system. Teams or Individuals may keep no more than 5 bass in the live well.
12. Scoring will be determined by the total weight of not more than 5 bass per team meeting designated size requirements (14” minimum). Fish will be measured on a
Pro-Rule measuring board with the tail closed. Ties for cash prizes will be settled by combining two cash awards and splitting the total between tied anglers.
13. No fishing is allowed within 25 yards of another tournament boat without mutual consent. No fishing is allowed within 25 yards of any manmade structure of the host
marina. No tube, bank, or wade fishing is allowed. Contestants may not leave the boat to gain access to fishing waters.
14. Louisiana Sportsman Open allows no more than two persons per boat. All persons in a boat must be a registered contestant.
15. Tournament Hours and Check Points will be confirmed at the captains meeting and are the responsibility of each entrant. All boats must launch from Doiron's Landing / either side. Crossing over is not allowed. All boats must check in with tournament official at Doiron's Store prior to launching. Anglers must check in with tournament official at launch at haul out before check-in deadline.
Check in/Launch: 4:30 am
Take-off by boat number at safe light
Scales Open: 1:30pm
Weigh-in conducted at Doiron’s Landing
Check in/Launch: 5:00am
Lines in water time: TBD
Scales Open: 12:30pm
Check-in deadline: 1:30pm
Scales Close*: 3:30 @ Lamar Dixon Expo Center
*Teams in line at scale closing will be weighed in.
Weigh-in Sunday will be at the Lamar Dixon Center. Boats are to be trailered to the Lamar Dixon Center for weigh-in. All fishing must be from a previously inspected boat. In the event of a breakdown on the water or on the highway heading to the weigh in, a tournament contestant from that day can transport your fish to the weigh in. Fish are to be accompanied by one of the team members from the boat involved in the break down. (The other team member is to stay with the boat or truck to handle the repair/towing)
16. Upon entering this fishing tournament, contestants release La Publishing and all of its divisions, officials and sponsors from liability of accidents, losses or thefts. Contestants are responsible for knowing and understanding these rules.
17. Penalties: There will be a 1/2 (.5) pound penalty deducted for each dead fish weighed-in. There will be a five (5) pound penalty deducted for any fish not meeting the predetermined size requirement brought to the scales, plus, a loss of same fish. Contestants catch will not be counted, if not checked-in by the designated check-in time.
March 16-19, 2017
• Lamar-Dixon, Gonzales, La
Location / Directions
Events• Boat Show
• Big Buck Contest
• Splash Dogs
• ATV Show
• Tractor & Outdoor Power & Equip Show
• Sportsman Discount Zone
• Yamaha Test Track
• Kids Zone
• Food Court